Favorite Friday!!!! Let's talk about Adhesives!

It's Favorite Friday and today, I'm talking about my Favorite Adhesives!

I am a paper crafter... and I should add a Left Handed Paper Crafter!  A lot of people don't realize most tools are made for right handed people, which brings me to my favorite tape runner.

I love the Bazzil Marathon Tape Runner for adhering paper to paper.
What's so special about this tape runner?  I can see where I am laying the tape. Most tape runners are oriented for right handed people and therefore dispense the tape on the right side of the tape runner, which leaves us lefties guessing if we are getting the tape where we want it.  I also love that this tape runner has refillable cartridges that just click right in and seem to last forever.  Lastly, it is just simply a very strong, permanent adhesive.

My favorite liquid glue for gluing paper to paper is the basic Scotch Quick Dry Tacky Glue.
It's easy to apply, dries quickly, it gets the job done and I can pick up a bottle almost anywhere.  I've tried many other liquid glues and always come back to this.

What about those items that require a super strong hold adhesive, like gluing a button to paper, or gluing a wooden embellishment?  I love the Ranger Multi Medium Matte Glue for applications that require a little extra hold.


The amazing thing about this glue is that it dries with a matte finish, so if you're not the neatest person on the planet, you can't see the extra glue on your project.

If I need a super strong dry adhesive, I go straight to my Thermoweb Super Tape.  It is perfect for mini albums and paper projects that require a super strong grip tape.




How about gluing fabric?  My all time favorite fabric glue is Fabric Fuse by Thermoweb.
  


Fabric Fuse has the consistency of a school glue.  It's not stringy and messy like a lot of other fabric glues.  It also dries clear.  It's safe to sew through.

Of course, I have to mention my glue gun!  What craftroom is complete without a glue gun?  It's probably my most used tool.  

The Surebonder Mini Detailed Glue Gun.  I love this detail glue gun for two reasons.  The first reason to love this glue gun is it has a precision tip which makes getting hot glue precisely where you want it (and not all over your fingers) is easy peasy.  Secondly, I love a glue gun that has an on/off switch.   I keep my glue gun plugged in all of the time and prefer an on/off switch rather than having to store and plug it in everytime I need it.


I could go on and on about my favorite adhesives, but I think this list is my preferred "go to" favorites.   What is your favorite and adhesive and why?   Leave us a comment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Make It Monday! - Starlight Mint Suckers for Valentines

Weed It Wednesday with Lorrie

Thrive in your Hive Thursday!