Thrive in your Hive Thursday!

Hello everyone!  It's another Thrive in your Hive Thursday.  Today, we are talking about craftroom organization.  We all create more efficiently when our craft rooms are organized.  However, organization is a very personal perference and depends on how your crafty mind thinks.


Do you organize by color?  When you're crafting do you think... "I need something blue"?  You might be a color organizer.  This photo is from a Cricut event I went to.  It's organized by color.  Color is how I think and how I organize.

Maybe you're a organizer by product?  Perhaps you keep all of your acrylic paints in one bin, and all of your stickers in another, and all of your embellishments in another, etc.?  Organization for you may look something like this:


Perhaps you are inspired by themes such as Halloween, Christmas, Summer, Floral, Stripes, Polka Dots, etc.  You might organize like this:

There are so many ways to organize!  My room is constantly evolving to suit my current tastes, my current craft passions, my current space and/or mood.  I moved from a closet type room, to a spare bedroom to my current craft space.  Each room has been bigger than the last and each one organized differently.  The space I currently have is the largest room I've had, but honestly it has less "stuff" in it.   As I was moving from the spare bedroom to this space, I conscientously made the decision to only move the things I love and that make me happy.  It has truly changed my crafting.  I am inspired when I go in my room.  It's organized by the way I think and the way I craft. 



My room isn't fancy and it's not even the colors I ultimately want, but it's very functional, very efficient for my workflow, video filming and for my current passions which are Cricuting, sewing and papercrafting.

I recommend organizing your space so that it inspires you.  Some love to have everything in sight, others love a clean and tidy space.  There is no right or wrong.  It's a personal journey and very unique to you.

If you find yourself going into your craftroom and being overwhelmed or uninspired - take a look at your space.  Think about how you think about crafting.  Start with a shelf or a corner and organize that section in a way that works for you.  I bet you will find yourself crafting in no time.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Make It Monday! - Starlight Mint Suckers for Valentines

Weed It Wednesday with Lorrie